Monday, August 8, 2011

Something i'm excited about!

So this past year I was a part of our Church's training school "Navigate".  I could not speak more highly of the school and the people who were a part of it.  I have learned so much about myself, God, the Bible, community, friendship, etc.  I have also made some really amazing friends because of it.  There is some unspoken bond between us all because of the things we have went through as a group. 

I have been on a team my whole life (Cross country, track, lacrosse) and I have learned to love the tight knit feeling of them.  There is something special about going through the same experiences with a group of people.  You can feel for one another.  Although personal experiences may differ from person to person, you are embarking on the same journey together.  You have each others backs, you encourage, motivate and love one another.

Once I graduated College I knew I would miss being a part of a team.  I knew I probably wouldn't be able to join some recreational team, so I wasn't sure how it would all pan out.  It is safe to say that my desires did not fall to the way side.  Navigate made me a part of a team again.  We have each others backs, encourage, motivate and love one another! We get to experience the tight bond teams have.  We get to grow and challenge one another in the most important aspect of our lives- our faith.

Now after completing the first module of Navigate, I am so excited to move on to the second!  Although our team is half the size it was in the beginning I am certain it is going to be just as powerful as the first.  I am also certain that the bonds made in the first year of Navigate will be ones that last forever.

Bring on Mod II!

(photo missing a few!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I wish I could be a part of Mod II, too, but God says "wait," so I wait.
    But you're right - even with those not continuing, what was begun in Mod I will continue. I'll still see you all! :-)

    ReplyDelete