Thursday, October 21, 2010

We're moving!

So, I know it's been a while since I have last updated so let me fill you in with something major...

Jeremy and I are moving! Yes, it's a royal pain in the butt to move but I am almost positive it will be worth it.  It just wasn't working out at our current place.  Some examples: I couldn't even come home alone at night because it was so creepy and dark, I would drive around in my car until Jeremy got home at night.  Another example (the main example).. We just didn't see eye to eye with our landlords.  They were VERY set in their own ways, and if you didn't take the trash out the way they do then they would let you know it! The way they let you know was usually in a way to make you feel like you're a small child again.  I had more freedom living with my own parents than I did living with them (not really sure if that's saying much.. but you get the idea).

Now let me tell you about our new place. First of all, I love it! It's exactly what I wanted in the first place but for some reason I settled with the one bedroom studio (I think because of all the excitement of apartment hunting with my soon to be hubby.. i'm sure a cardboard box would have looked nice at that time too! Although.. there were some nice things about living in our cozy 1 bedroom).  So it is a two bedroom! And no, we are not expecting any babies anytime soon!!  We are going to be using the second room as our office/ guestroom (we just bought a futon to go in there too!).  So when you first walk in the living room is to the left off the hallway.  It is a large room that will fit all of our furniture (including the piece we couldn't take with us because it wouldn't fit).  As you continue to walk down the hallway the guest room/office is to the right, it is a decent sized room with a pretty big closet (which I love!).  As you continue down the hallway our bedroom is a little further on the left.  It is the perfect size for us.  Not too big, but not too small, and once again has a great sized closet.  As you continue down that main hallway you come into the kitchen which is a pretty good size.  It has a lot of cabinet space (not crazy about the cabinets itself, but that is the only downfall to the apartment so I can deal with it).  Then off the kitchen is the brand spankin new bathroom! Everything in it is new, which I am super pumped about! I can't wait to get in there and take a tub :)
Baaahahahaha!! It's Slushy in my tub!!!

Also, there is basement storage, and also a washer and dryer hook up (we are currently looking for a washer and dryer on craigslist too.. let me know if you see anything).  I love the location! It is right near the beach, and also right near downtown Beverly and walking distance to most of my friends apartments.
So any who, that is why I love our new apartment and I can't wait to move!

1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it! I guess you will have to figure out all over again where to hang photos!!!

    ReplyDelete