Friday, September 17, 2010

Navi retreat this weekend!

Let's talk about how stinkin' pumped I am to go on the Navigate Retreat this weekend!  From what Jeremy tells me, it is a really powerful time where you really learn a lot about your fellow navi classmates.  I am really excited to learn more about everyone!  Navigate has been pretty amazing.  I love the people, the fellowship, the teachings.  I really like how we are stretched outside of our comfort zones and normal ways of thinking!  I am so excited to see what God is going to do here.  He already has been teaching me so much! 

Wednesday we watched a video called "The Father Heart of God".  It was a very powerful video (once you look past the terrible filming and crackling sound).  It really emphasized God's love for us as His children! It is nice to be reminded that.  That we are loved as children! Now, I don't have any kids but I can imagine that when I do I will love them with my whole being! I will love them to the point where it hurts my heart.  Now, to think that the God of the universe loves us like that... It's powerful!

Back to the retreat.. We will be meeting tonight at church and listening to a speaker (forgive me, I don't know who it is or what he will be talking about.. It actually might even be a she.. I dunno!). Then, we will go back home and be meeting up at a camp in Andover MA (wow.. we were just there for girls weekend!! Andover really is a bumpin place!). We will split up into our groups (Mod I and Mod II).  Now, I guess it's tradition that the Mod I group shares their testimonies on the retreat, so that is what we will be doing! It's always a little nerve wracking to share your testimony with someone.. It's like the most intimate part of who you are.  Even saying that, I know it will be worth it! You really grow close to one another when you share your testimony and let people into your life.  It also really shows how good God is! He is so faithful to us!

I am so excited to grow closer to these people and really function as a team!  Next year we are going on a missions trip together.  I know that during missions trips it is crucial that you act and function as one complete team.  A team that really looks out for one anothers interests and safety.  and I can't wait to look back on this time and see that all the preparation was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment